Group Class – Pre AP* 2D Digital Photography
AP* Studio Art Digital Photography Breadth Course Description:
This is an introductory course where students will be acquainted with the digital camera and the realm of photography. The course focuses on the camera and how its attributes affect a taken photo. Students will be able to learn how to properly take high quality photos by using a camera alone.
The course begins with students first experimenting with their cameras in order to get properly acquainted with it. During this phase, students will practice taking clear shots by manipulating their cameras’ shutter speed, ISO, and aperture, and then study the various affects these attributes have. Once students have an understanding of the camera’s characteristics, they will be able to properly utilize them in order to take photography of various styles. Students will then be able to further refine their photos with Photoshop and Lightroom. By the end of the course, students will have created 12 fully developed and refined photos.
Through this process, our experienced instructors provide excellent guidance and critique with each student individually. Consequently, no matter the skill level of the student, each student will progress at his or her own appropriate pace.
In this course, students will learn:
- How to Take Clear Shots
- How to Adjust the Camera’s Settings
- The Affects of the Camera’s Shutter Speed, ISO, and Aperture
- How to Refine Photos through Photoshop and Lightroom
- How to Take Photos of Various Art Styles
Digital Photography Course Outline:
Part 1: Understanding the Camera
- Focusing Photos in order to Get Sharp Images
- Utilizing a Camera’s White Balance
- Understanding the Affects of a Camera’s ISO
- Understanding the Affects of a Camera’s Shutter Speed
- Understanding the Affects of a Camera’s Aperture
- Utilizing a Camera’s Flash
Part 2: Taking Photos of Various Styles
- Textural Photography
- Backlight Photos
- Daily Life Snapshots
- Abstract Photography
- Fine Art Figure Photography
- Street Photography
Part 3: Digital Refinement
- Using Lightroom and Photoshop to Enhance Photos
- Using Photoshop to create Surrealism
- Creating Time Lapsed Images and Videos
No Reviews found for this course.